Indoor unit should be installed so that air flow is not directed on the people in the room.
When installing indoor unit assure:
• unimpeded circulation of air
• enough room around the unit for easy cleaning and possible
• indoor unit should not be exposed to direct sunlight.
Plan for installation of the outdoor unit:
• If the air conditioner is installed in an apartment building, the easiest place to install the outdoor unit is on the balcony.
Alternatively, it can be installed below the window, on the room, or in the attic
• In a residential house, outdoor unit can be mounted on the floor, on the balcony, under the roof, in the attic (if ventilation is adequate), or anywhere else on the wall.
• Consider the weight of the air conditioner and select a room where noise and vibration will not be disturbing.
• Select a place where air flow and sound pressure generated by the air conditioner will not be disturbing to the environment.
• If the house is subject to heritage protection regulations, consult the relevant body of authority.