Do you know how to handle food correctly?
For many people kitchen is the most important part of a home. It's where you start your day with a breakfast and where you spend time preparing dinner with your family. However, there is also danger lurking in the kitchen – improper handling of food can, in the worst-case scenario, cause food poisoning. That is why it's crucial to learn how to correctly handle food. Below you can find some useful advice that will make your kitchen both pleasant and safe.
1. Always wash your hands before handling food.
2. Products of animal origin, vegetables and fruits are the most susceptible to the development of toxins and bacteria. Always keep them separate from other food in your refrigerator, and use separate cutting boards for them.
3. Food should never be stored in a warm environment for too long as this enables bacteria to grow and spread quicker. Keep your refrigerator and freezer not only clean but also at an appropriate temperature (fridge below 6 °C and freezer at -18 °C)
4. Put any leftovers into smaller containers as this will help the food to cool down faster. Put the containers with leftovers into the fridge or freezer within 2 hours after cooking.
5. If you are in doubt whether something is still edible or not, don't take the risk – dispose of the food that might have gone bad.
Extra freshness, extra vitamins: NatureFresh built-in fridge freezers
comes to producing food that is fresh, full of taste and
rich in nutritional value, nature has always known
best. That is why the new NatureFresh built-in
fridge freezers from Gorenje mimic the natural conditions by maintaining the photosynthesis process, controlling the
humidity levels and providing fresher air.
Gorenje NatureFresh built-in fridge freezers have high energy ratings,
ranging from A+ to A+++ and their modular and flexible design ensures they
will suit every lifestyle perfectly.
You might also like to read: