Sun safety for our children
Kids just wanna have fun. Ensure their summer is as carefree as possible and protect them from the sun with these 6 tips.
1. Shade: Encouraging your child to play in the shade is still the best sun protection you can offer. Keep them away from the sun especially between 11 a.m. and 4 p. m.. During this period unprotected exposure to the sun can cause serious damage to their delicate skin. When it comes to babies, it is advisable to keep them out of direct sunlight at all times unless it can't be avoided.
2. Protective clothes: Dress your child in protective lightweight clothing, the best being oversized cotton clothes in light colours. They allow better air circulation, absorb sweat and help the body cool down.
3. Hat: A hat with a wide brim will provide the best protection for their face and neck. Let your child choose it to ensure they will want to wear it.
4. Sunglasses: Buying sunglasses for your child is not just a fad. Complete protection of your child’s eyes should be high on the priority list during hot summer days. Make sure the glasses are certified to filter out UV.
5. Sunscreen: Cover the exposed parts of your child’s skin with sunscreen that has the appropriate sun protection factor. Don’t forget to apply it to their ears, face and back of their neck, even if wearing a hat. Reapply it often enough to keep their skin protected.
6. UV shield: Buy UV shields for side and rear windows in your car. A recenty study showed that some car door windows don't provide enough protection against the harmful UV rays.
Life is complex. Let's make laundry simple.
The new Gorenje WaveActive washing machines and tumble dryers combine the newest technology with simplicity of operation and high energy efficiency.
Their uniquely designed WaveActive drum with special wave-shaped 3D ribs softens the fibres to provide perfectly clean and dry laundry that barely needs ironing. So you can spend your time on what’s really important.
You might also like to read: