Packing simplified – 6 steps to a relaxed packing routine
The sun is shining and summer is knocking at our doors. Vacation is only a step away. All you need is to pack a few essentials before you can hit the road.
1. Make a list. Make a general list of all the basic things you need for a vacation. Then just add clothes and equipment you might need for a special destination. Don’t forget to check the weather forecast!
2. Do the laundry in advance. But if you do notice that you forgot to wash your favourite T-shirt? Don't worry, the quick programmes on your washer and dryer will save you. Some washing machines are able to do the washing in no more than 20 minutes.
3. Plan time for packing. Don't put off packing until the last minute. Instead, spend 10 minutes packing each day in the week leading to your departure. This way, packing will be less daunting and more efficient as you will have time to deliberately pick what you will take with you instead of throwing random stuff into your suitcase half an hour before you leave.
4. Vacuum packing. If you're not exactly what you would call a light packer, try vacuum packing. Use vacuum compression bags and you’ll be surprised at how much extra space there is in your suitcase.
5. Ziplock bags. If you're flying by plane, a ziplock bag for your liquids should be an essential item on your packing list. Not just because of the security check at the airport, but also because it prevents liquids from spilling all over your clothes. They can also be very convenient when organizing smaller items, such as medication, small electrical gadgets and other necessities.
6. Stay positive. Keep in mind that this is the start of your vacation. Don’t let packing stress ruin it.
Life is complex. Let's make laundry simple.
The new Gorenje WaveActive washing machines and tumble dryers combine the newest technology with simplicity of operation and high energy efficiency.
Their uniquely designed WaveActive drum with special wave-shaped 3D ribs softens the fibres to provide perfectly clean and dry laundry that barely needs ironing. So you can spend your time on what’s really important.
You might also like to read: