Frozen, not frosted
Freezing food properly is surprisingly simple:
1. Freeze fresh fruit and vegetables at the peak of ripeness. This is how they retain vitamins and minerals, taste, colour, appearance, and in, some cases, they are even healthier than fresh food which loses its freshness, flavours, vitamins and minerals while waiting to be consumed.
2. Inconvenient? Try indispensable. Food and ready-to-eat dishes should be frozen in portions suitable for a single meal. This way your favourite foods will be easily available all year round, and you'll be able to prepare healthy meals even faster.
3. Neatly organized and laid out. Avoid well-known "frostrations" when searching through the drawers until your hands are freezing! Food should be properly packed, neatly labelled and stored in a freezer drawer. This way, you will always know what is where and how long it's been there.
4. Save the energy you put into exhausting thawing and cleaning of the freezer. Instead invest in a newer model with NoFrost technology, which employs effective circulation of cool air to remove moisture from the freezer. This prevents formation of ice on the freezer walls and accumulation of ice or frost on the food. Cleaning the freezer will become a redundant task and just a “cold” memory.
5. Frozen food, frozen costs! Frozen food retains its form, appearance, taste, vitamins and minerals, as well as freezes your costs! You can save twice! First, by saving the costs of buying fresh (even out-of-season) food and, second, saving the cost of electricity because newer fridge freezers with NoFrost technology operate more efficiently, freeze faster and consume much less energy than older models.
No frost, no problems: no more ‘’frostration’’ with NoFrost fridge-freezers
For even more simple food freezing, try Gorenje NoFrost fridge-freezers. The NoFrost technology not only prevents the accumulation of frost on the food and ice build-up on the freezer compartment walls, it also keeps the food in the same shape it was in when you stored it.
This makes it easier to locate the item you are looking for, and allows the food to retain its quality, colour, and aroma while making full use of the available space. Combination of intensive air circulation and extraction of humidity also saves you the trouble of ever having to defrost and clean the ice deposits.
You might also like to read: