Do you need a NoFrost refrigerator or freezer?
Fridges and freezers
are used to keep our food and vegetables cool or even frozen, thus preserving their use for a longer time and consequently saving us time and money. These appliances do have some drawbacks however, such as layers of frost that develop on the inside of traditional freezers. Some layers can become pretty thick, resulting in poor cooling performance and higher electricity costs, not to mention that frost can take up valuable storage space or even prevent a good closure seal.How to avoid frost?
Keeping a traditional freezer in good working order requires maintenance. You must allow the appliance to thaw out and drain at least once a year or whenever the frost layer reaches a thickness of about half a centimeter (or more). But some of these tips can help you minimise frost as much as possible:
- Position the freezer in a room with moderate temperatures. Avoid positioning the fridge freezers near a hot water source (heater) or furnace by all means.
- Stock the freezer with some frozen food, but don’t overdo it. Leaving the freezer (too) empty causes frost build-up. And remember, an open door also creates frost build-up.
- Moisture triggers frost. Before you freeze any food, dry off its packaging. You can also repackage or double-wrap foods that look suspiciously moist.
- Be quick to pick stuff from the freezer. Sort through the freezer quickly and shut the door solidly when finished.
- A broken seal or a loose gasket also causes frost build-up. Clean the gasket monthly and replace a bad seal.
This sounds like too much hassle. Isn't there an easier way?
We're glad you asked! Buying a refrigerator or freezer with NoFrost technology
will save you all the tedious defrosting!
This modern technology prevents the formation of ice and frost foods in the freezer compartment. This enables economic operation (since the frost is gone, the power consumption stays low), greater transparency, and full use of space. The intensive circulation of cool air in your fridge-freezer also prevents food from sticking together, so you can forget about “frostrating” frozen foods, persistently stuck together in a big block of ice. And you can forget about the time-consuming defrosting and cleaning, saving yourself time and physical effort.
Still, keep in mind frost-free freezers are low maintenance and not no-maintenance units. Instead of defrosting them manually once a year you just need to clean out the storage area occasionally. We suggest wiping it down with a solution of one tablespoon baking soda dissolved in warm water as this will help you get rid of spillage and any odors.
GardenFresh fridge freezers. The one for you.
Choosing your new fridge freezer is a big commitment. You may want one that will keep it fresh for a long time, one that will get you and adapt to all your needs. With advanced features that ensure freshness tailored just to your requirements, GardenFresh is the one you are looking for.
– adapts the temperature to your usage habits and prolongs the freshness of your food
IonAir with MultiFlow 360° - ionized air removes unwanted odors and keeps your food in perfect shape
Convert FreshZone – transforms the meat drawer so that you can easily keep all your fruit and veggies fresh longer
You might also like to read: